Yield: 2 1/2 half pints
- 1 cup dry mustard
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 3/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Combine first 8 ingredients in top of a double boiler. Cover and let stand 4 to 6 hours.
- Add beaten egg to reserved mixture, stirring well. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in horseradish.
- Quickly ladle mustard into hot sterilized jars. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving. Serve with meats.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments