- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups canned whole plum tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- calories 23
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 0.4 g
- fat 1.2 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- carbohydrate 2.9 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 160 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Stir in vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and plum tomatoes and let simmer and thicken 5 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Remove from heat. Stir in salt, pepper, horseradish, and Tabasco, then blend until smooth with an immersion blender (or use a stand blender). Serve with smoked brisket.