Horseradish Cheese Toast with Tomatoes
This open-faced broiled sandwich is also a great choice for lunch or a light dinner. Pair it with a tossed green salad to round out the meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 165
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 117mg
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons plain fat-free yogurt
- Dash of pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat French bread (3/4 inch thick), lightly toasted
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Partially cook bacon 3 minutes in a nonstick skillet; drain and set aside.
- 3. Place onion in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add cheese and next 3 ingredients; process until onion is minced, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally. Set aside.
- 4. Place toasted bread slices on a baking sheet; spread cheese mixture evenly over slices, spreading to edges of bread. Cut tomato into 4 slices. Top each bread slice with a tomato slice and 2 bacon pieces. Broil 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts and bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with green onions.
- carbo rating: 13
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note