Horseradish and Breadcrumb-Topped Filet Mignon
Drain the horseradish well to ensure a crisp topping for this tender steak.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak, 1 tablespoon sauce, and 2 tablespoons breadcrumb mixture)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 178
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1. Place breadcrumbs in a large nonstick skillet; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; place in a small bowl. Drain horseradish in a fine sieve, pressing gently with the back of a spoon to remove excess moisture. Add horseradish and mustard to breadcrumbs; toss well.
- 2. Coat pan with cooking spray. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumb mixture; cook 4 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Spoon onto a paper towel; set aside.
- 3. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steaks, and cook 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 4. Add shallots to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add wine, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 minute), scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Spoon sauce over steaks, and sprinkle evenly with breadcrumb mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes