I personally do not like beets or horseradish; however, my fiancé is Polish and LOVES this stuff, so the rating came from him :) It's extremely popular around his family at Easter. He was amazed at how good this turned out when I can't even taste it to adjust the seasonings. The only critique he had was to leave the ingredients grated. He said the S-blade made it too fine.
Horseradish Beet Sauce
Photo: Thayer Allyson Gowdy; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 25
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 12 ounces fresh horseradish root*, peeled, rinsed, and cut into 2-in. chunks
- 1 cup chopped peeled beet
- 3/4 cup good-quality apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor fitted with the coarse shredding blade, shred horseradish. Change to metal S-shaped blade and whirl horseradish to mince. Add beet; whirl to mince. Add vinegar, sugar, and salt and blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl, cover, and chill airtight until serving.
- *Buy in well-stocked produce markets.
- Make ahead: Chill up to 1 week.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2 tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Horseradish Beet Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This