Horseradish and salt-crusted rib roast
Community Recipe from
- 8 stalk(s) celery 7 inch long
- 4-5 pound(s) standing rib roast
- 1/2 cup(s) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared horseradish
- 5 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 2 sprig(s) fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 sprig(s) fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounce(s) deli soft ripened blue cheese cubed
- 3 1/2 tablespoon(s) herb garlic butter cubed
- 1 cup(s) blue cheese dressing
- 2 teaspoon(s) chipotle pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 425f. Coat medium size roasting pan with cooking spray. Lay cut celery across center of pan and place roast on top of celery. In a small bowl mash together the horseradish, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil to make a paste. Smear the paste generously over the entire roast and drizzle with some extra oil. Bake 20 minutes or until roast has browned. Reduce oven to 350F and cook 2 more hours of until roast is 145F (medium rare) up to 170F (well-done). Transfer to cutting board and let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Sauce: cut cheese and butter into small cubes and place in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until melted. Stir in dressing and pepper sauce remove from heat when sauce is bubbly and serve with roast.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jrice71 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note