Refrigerate: 8 Hours
- 1 cup(s) uncooked rice, white or brown
- 1 cup(s) low-fat milk or water
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3 inches long
- 2-inch piece(s) of vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise to expose the seeds
- 1/2 cup(s) demerara sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Place the uncooked rice in the bowl of a blender and grind them briefly to break the rice grains into pieces. Add the milk and/or water, whole cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean. Cover tightly, refrigerate, and allow to soak in the refrigerator until the next day.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean and discard.
- Blend at the highest speed for about a minute, perhaps less if you have a high-powered blender. Allow the solids to settle briefly. Pour the horchata through a tea strainer into serving glasses full of ice. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note