More From Southern Living
- 2 qt. water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 Mexican cinnamon sticks*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1. Bring 2 qt. water and next 2 ingredients to a boil in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium heat; cook 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let cool to room temperature. Remove cinnamon sticks.
- 2. Puree rice mixture, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into a pitcher; stir in sugar and enough water to equal 2 qt. Chill; serve over ice.
- *Regular cinnamon sticks may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Horchata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Nonalcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: Mexican
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Blender
- OCCASION: Summer
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living