Hoppin' John Rice Bowl
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 (3.5-oz.) bags SUCCESS White Rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package diced smoked ham
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (15 1/2-oz.) cans seasoned black-eyed peas
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add ham, onion, and garlic, and sauté 6 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in black-eyed peas and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
- Place hot cooked rice in a serving dish; spoon ham mixture over rice. Sprinkle with green onions, parsley, and tomato.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes