- 2 large green bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped 33%-less-sodium cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup drained canned black-eyed peas
- 2/3 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Spicy Chips
- calories 395
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 23.1 g
- carbohydrate 60.9 g
- fiber 6.8 g
- cholesterol 26 mg
- iron 5.5 mg
- sodium 547 mg
- calcium 154 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut tops off bell peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Chop tops to measure 1/3 cup; set chopped bell pepper aside.
Cook bell peppers in boiling water 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper, ham, onion, celery, and garlic; sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
Remove ham mixture from heat; stir in the black-eyed peas and next 6 ingredients (black-eyed peas through ground red pepper). Divide the ham mixture evenly between bell peppers. Place the stuffed bell peppers in an 8-inch square baking dish; cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Spoon 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese on top of each stuffed pepper. Serve with Spicy Chips.