Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes about 12 cups
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups fresh field peas, shelled
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 4 cups seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Add onion; sauté 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add peas, thyme, and salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until peas are tender. Drain.
- Combine pea mixture and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note