Hopi Hominy and Lamb Stew
Notes: If making up to 2 days ahead, cool and chill airtight; reheat, stirring often.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 43g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Sodium: 955mg
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fat-trimmed boned lamb shoulder
- 2 cans (1 lb. each) hominy, drained
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 can (7 oz. ) whole green chilies, torn into wide strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Rinse lamb and cut into 1-inch chunks. Put meat in a 5- to 6-quart pan and add hominy, broth, and chilies.
- 2. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until meat is very tender when pierced, 1 3/4 to 2 hours. Skim fat from pan and discard. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper; ladle into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note