This cake has very good flavor but it was a bit oily for my taste. 1 1/2 cups of oil is a lot of oil.....wonder if the recipe will work with less?
Honey's Carrot Cake
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in carrots, pecans, and vanilla.
- Pour batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note