Honeyed Yogurt Dip with Figs and Anise Wheat Crisps
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
Time: 25 minutes.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 267
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 7.4g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 244mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8 in.), each cut into 8 triangles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped fine
- 16 small figs, each cut into halves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lay tortilla triangles on a baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush triangles with butter. In a small bowl, combine anise, cinnamon, and sugar, then sprinkle over tortillas. Bake until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Spoon about 1/4 cup yogurt into a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the yogurt and spoon in 1 tsp. honey, then sprinkle with some pistachios. Repeat to make 7 more servings. Serve each with 4 tortilla crisps and 2 sliced figs.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts