Honeyed Orzo-Pecan Pie
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain well.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add in orzo, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, and dates, stirring well. Spoon orzo mixture into piecrust.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set; cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream and additional chopped pecans, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This