Honeydew Rose Water Granita
Inspired by a granita served at Foreign Cinema restaurant in San Francisco, this brilliant combination has just enough rose water to bring out the flavor in honeydew, which can be very mild on its own.
More From Sunset
Total: 9 Hours, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 96
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 large honeydew melon, seeded, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon rose water*
- 1. Combine sugar and 2/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then let cool.
- 2. Whirl honeydew, syrup, and rose water in a blender until smooth.
- 3. Pour purée into an 8-in. square baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until mixture starts to freeze at edges but is still slushy, 2 to 3 hours. Stir mixture thoroughly, scraping sides down. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 7 hours.
- 4. Scrape granita with a fork to make large flakes and spoon into chilled glasses or bowls.
- *Find with cocktail or baking supplies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note