Honeydew Rose Water Granita
Photo: Rachel Weill; Food Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Total: 9 Hours, 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 96
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 large honeydew melon, seeded, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon rose water*
- 1. Combine sugar and 2/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then let cool.
- 2. Whirl honeydew, syrup, and rose water in a blender until smooth.
- 3. Pour purée into an 8-in. square baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until mixture starts to freeze at edges but is still slushy, 2 to 3 hours. Stir mixture thoroughly, scraping sides down. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 7 hours.
- 4. Scrape granita with a fork to make large flakes and spoon into chilled glasses or bowls.
- *Find with cocktail or baking supplies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note