- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed or balled honeydew melon pieces
- 1 cup finely diced peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup halved seedless green grapes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped (optional)
- calories 104
- caloriesfromfat 6 %
- protein 1.4 g
- fat 0.7 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 261 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan, combine vinegar, honey, 1/4 cup water, mustard seeds, celery seeds, and salt. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, then boil over high heat, stirring often, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 minutes longer. Let cool.
In a salad bowl, combine vinegar mixture, honeydew, cucumber, diced celery, and grapes. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally to blend flavors, at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Stir in celery leaves and chives. If using butter lettuce leaves, arrange on plates and spoon salad over them.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.