How come mine didn't turn out light and fluffy??
Honey Yeast Rolls
More From Southern Living
Stand: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Rise: 2 Hours
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, and let stand 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until 100° to 110°.
- 3. Stir together warm milk, eggs, and next 3 ingredients in bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, blending well. Add yeast mixture, stirring to combine. Gradually add 5 cups flour, beating at medium speed, using paddle attachment. Beat 3 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand 1 hour.
- 4. Uncover dough, and add remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, beating at medium speed 5 minutes. (Dough will be sticky.) Transfer to a lightly greased large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- 5. Punch down dough. Turn dough out on a well-floured surface, and roll into 28 (2 1/2-inch) balls (about 1/4 cup dough per ball). Place balls in 4 lightly greased 9-inch pans (7 balls per pan). Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- 6. Stir together 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/4 cup honey.
- 7. Bake rolls at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with honey butter. Serve with remaining honey butter.
- Note: To freeze, place baked rolls in zip-top plastic freezer bags, and freeze up to two months. Let thaw at room temperature. Reheat, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This