Honey-Whole Wheat Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Robin Hood Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup(s) Honey
- 1/4 cup(s) Shortening
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 1/3 cup(s) Wheat Germ
- 2 package(s) Active Dry Yeast
- 2 1/4 cup(s) Very Warm Water(120-130)
- 3-4 cup(s) Robin Hood All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) dry milk
- Mix whole wheat flour, honey, shortening, salt and yeast in large bowl of electric mixer; add warm water. Beat on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 1 min. scraping bowl frequently. Stir in enough all-purpose flour. 1 cup at a time, to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 min. Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour. Dough is ready if indention remains when touched.
- Punch down dough; divide into halves. Let rest 5 min. Flatten each half with hand or rolling pin into rectangle. 12-8 inches, on lightly floured surface. (If dough shrinks, gently stretch into rectangle) Roll up tightly, beginning at 8 in. end. Seal lengthwise edge and ends well.
- Place loves, seam sides down, in 2 greased loaf pans. 8 1/2 x/2 1/2 x4 1/2 inches. Brush loaves lightly with margarine and sprinkle with whole wheat flour or crushed rolled oats if desired. Let rise until double, about 50 min.
- Place loaves in 375 degree oven on lower oven rack so that tools of pans are in center of oven. Bake in 374 degree oven until loaves are deep golden brown and sound hollow when tapped, 40-45 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarthaMason and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note