Honey whole wheat bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package dry yeast(about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons warm water(100-110 degrees)
- 2 cups 1% low fat milk
- 1/2 cup non fat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour( baout 9 ounces), div
- 2 cups bread flour (about 9 1/2 ounces)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour )about 9 1/2 ounces
- Cooking spray
- 1) Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- 2) Combine 1% milk, dry milk, oil, honey, and salt in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until thoroughly warmed and dry milk dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Stir yeast mixture into milk mixture.
- 3) Lightly spoon 2 cups all purpose flour, bread flour, and whole wheat flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place 2 cups all purpose flour, bread flour, and whole wheat flour in large bowl; stir with a whisk to combine. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic ( about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel slightly sticky).
- 4) Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 55 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 15 minutes. Divide dough in half. Working with one portion of dough at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll portion into a 14x7 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Roll up rectangle tightly, starting with a short edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal. Place roll, seam side down, in a 8x4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining portion of dough. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until almost doubled in size.
- 5) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6) Bake loaves at 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 ( do not remove loaves from oven); bake 50 minutes or until loaves are browned on bottom and sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by philtoe50 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey whole wheat bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads