The crust is soooo good! Put my own toppings.
Honey-Wheat Pizza with Pear-Prosciutto Salad
A showy, crimson-skinned pear is beautiful here, but any pear variety you like will work.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 8 Minutes
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 18.1g
- Carbohydrate: 56.8g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 559mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 2.38 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, divided
- 4 cups fresh mâche or baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 ripe Starkrimson or red Bartlett pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1. Combine 1 cup warm water, honey, and 1 teaspoon oil in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in yeast; let stand 10 minutes. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and salt in a food processor, and pulse 2 times or until blended. Add yeast mixture, pulsing to combine (dough will feel sticky). Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly 3 to 4 times.
- 2. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If the indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 4. Place a baking sheet in oven. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface. Brush dough evenly with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place dough on a baking sheet sprinkled with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Transfer dough carefully to preheated pan; bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, mâche, and the remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Arrange salad over crust.
This recipe appeared in The New Way to Cook Light (2012) and in the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note