Honey-Thyme Summer Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 381
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Sodium: 597mg
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- 7 firm-ripe nectarines (6 oz. each), rinsed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs (5 in.) thyme, rinsed, plus 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 heads Belgian endive (1 1/2 lb. total), leaves separated
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 6 ounces thin-sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1. Pit nectarines, reserving pits; coarsely chop one nectarine. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, combine pits and chopped nectarine with honey, thyme sprigs, and 2 cups water. Boil, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 20 minutes; pour through a fine strainer into a glass measure. Let syrup cool about 10 minutes.
- 2. Whisk lemon juice and mustard into syrup; slowly pour in oil, whisking until emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Slice remaining nectarines and combine in a large bowl with endive, chives, and shallot. Gently mix in dressing.
- 4. Divide salad among six plates. Drape prosciutto equally over servings and sprinkle with thyme leaves, arugula, and almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads