More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons stone-ground cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons yaupon or other wildflower honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in buttermilk and next 3 ingredients until well blended.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note