Definitely a 5 star! I used Salsa in lieu of chili sauce-didn't have any- and 1.5 tsp. dried ginger, cause I didn't have any fresh. Added a couple shots of habanera sauce, and some "Garlic Garlic " from Tastefully Simple . Served it over Orzo . My wife (the in house critic) said "Save the recipe ". Praise from Caesar!
Honey-Soy Braised Pork Shoulder
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Suzette Kaminski
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
- Sodium: 971mg
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chili-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger (from a 2-inch piece)
- 1 4-lb. pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, chili-garlic sauce and ginger until well combined. Place pork shoulder in slow cooker, pour sauce over meat and stir to coat. Cover and cook on low until pork is tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a large bowl. Remove 1/2 cup sauce to a small bowl and whisk in cornstarch. Whisk cornstarch mixture back into slow cooker and cook, stirring once or twice, until thickened, about 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper and pour over meat. Serve with rice, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note