- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili paste
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, cut apart at joint
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, trimmed and chopped
How to Make It
In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili paste. Add chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes, stirring often.
Set up a gas or charcoal grill for medium heat (350° to 400°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above the cooking grate only 5 to 7 seconds). Put chicken on grill and cover with lid. Cook, turning often, until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine honey and hoisin sauce. Using a pastry brush, generously baste chicken wings with honey glaze. Cover grill with lid and cook till honey glaze starts to caramelize, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken wings over and baste again, using the remaining honey glaze. Cook 3 minutes more, being careful not to let the glaze burn, removing pieces from the grill as they're done.
Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve any remaining honey glaze on the side.