Honey and Sesame-Glazed Salmon with Confetti Barley Salad
Resistant starch: 0.3 gram
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup barley-vegetable mixture, 4 ounces salmon, and 1 tablespoon additional sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Sugars: 16g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sodium: 615mg
- 3/4 cup pearled barley
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, defrosted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 3. Add barley, return to a boil, and boil until tender, 30 minutes. Add vegetable medley during last 3 minute of cooking. Drain, cool slightly, toss with 2 teaspoons sesame seeds and reserve.
- 4. While barley is cooking, make salmon: Combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili flakes. Reserve 4 tablespoons of mixture. Place salmon on a baking sheet, and brush with honey-soy mixture. Bake until salmon is flaky, 15 minutes. Place reserved sauce in a small saucepan over low heat and keep warm.
- 5. Divide barley mixture among 4 plates, top with a salmon fillet and 1 tablespoon warmed sauce, and sprinkle with scallions and remaining sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey and Sesame-Glazed Salmon with Confetti Barley Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Health
More Recipes for Main Dishes