I added some crushed red pepper. It was amazing!!! Definitely, will use this recipe again.
Honey-Rosemary Lamb Sandwich
Prep and Cook Time: about 25 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 584
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 836mg
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lean lamb
- 1 onion (8 oz.), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 6 flat sandwich rolls (about 3 oz. each), such as ciabatta or sourdough, split
- 3 to 5 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese)
- About 2 cups baby spinach leaves (2 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, crumble lamb with a wooden spoon, stirring often until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
- 2. Return meat to pan; add onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add tomato purée, honey, and rosemary; stir occasionally until hot, about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Set roll bottoms on plates and spread with goat cheese; cover with baby spinach leaves. Spoon lamb mixture over spinach and set tops in place.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes