I added some crushed red pepper. It was amazing!!! Definitely, will use this recipe again.
Honey-Rosemary Lamb Sandwich
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 584
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 836mg
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lean lamb
- 1 onion (8 oz.), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 6 flat sandwich rolls (about 3 oz. each), such as ciabatta or sourdough, split
- 3 to 5 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese)
- About 2 cups baby spinach leaves (2 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, crumble lamb with a wooden spoon, stirring often until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
- 2. Return meat to pan; add onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add tomato purée, honey, and rosemary; stir occasionally until hot, about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Set roll bottoms on plates and spread with goat cheese; cover with baby spinach leaves. Spoon lamb mixture over spinach and set tops in place.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note