So good. So easy. Keeps well for several days in the refrigerator. I served this with boiled shrimp for a meal. My husband raved. I used Manchego cheese as suggested and it was wonderful. Will make this many times.
Honey-Rosemary Cherries and Blue Cheese Crostini
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen dark, sweet pitted cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) ciabatta bread slices, toasted
- 1 (8-oz.) wedge blue cheese, thinly sliced*
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
- 1. Sauté shallot in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add cherries (and any liquid in package) and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Divide arugula among toasted bread slices. Top each with cherry mixture and 1 blue cheese slice. Garnish, if desired.
- *Manchego or goat cheese may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers