Honey-Rosemary Broiled Grapefruit
Celebrate seasonal citrus with grapefruit drizzled with a rosemary-honey syrup.
Total: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tupelo or other honey
- 2 (3-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 ruby red grapefruit, halved
- 6 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Remove and discard rosemary.
- 2. Preheat broiler. Place grapefruit halves on a large foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Brush syrup generously over tops of grapefruit; sprinkle top of each grapefruit with 1 1/2 tsp. turbinado sugar. Broil 6 inches from heat 7 minutes or until sugar melts and begins to caramelize. Brush grapefruit with pan juices. Serve immediately.
For a more intense rosemary flavor, prepare syrup 1 day ahead. Do not remove rosemary sprig until just before brushing syrup on grapefruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note