Honey-Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Parsnips, white root vegetables with a pleasantly sweet flavor, are a good source of vitamin C and fiber. When buying parsnips, look for small to medium-sized, well-shaped roots.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 134
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Calcium: 38mg
- 3 medium carrots, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 medium parsnips, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer in a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with ginger; toss to coat. Bake an additional 16 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle honey over vegetable mixture; toss gently to coat. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note