These are great!
Substitute apple juice for bourbon, if you prefer. Look for bunches of carrots that are all about the same size so they'll cook evenly. If some are too big--or if you can't find real (sometimes labeled French) baby carrots--just peel the bigger ones and halve them lengthwise before roasting.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds baby carrots with tops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Place a small roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven and pan to 500°.
- 2. Cut tops from carrots, leaving 1 inch of greenery on each carrot.
- 3. Stir together olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter in preheated pan. Add carrots, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in bourbon and next 2 ingredients. Return to heat, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture is syrupy.
- 5. Drizzle syrup over carrots; toss to coat. Bake 5 to 7 more minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note