Honey-Roasted Apricots with Amaretti Cookies
Photo: John Kernick
Jessica Theroux drizzles apricots with honey before roasting (plums and peaches work well, too) and crumbles store-bought amaretti (Italian cookies made with egg whites and almond flour) for a crispy topping.
More From Food & Wine
Total: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0.5g
- 1 pound apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon honey, heated
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- 2 tablespoons chilled heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the apricots on the baking sheet, cut sides up. Drizzle the honey on top and sprinkle with the sugar, cardamom and crushed cookies. Bake for 30 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks barely form. Transfer the apricots to plates, spoon the cream on top and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note