Honey Ricotta Crepes
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey or maple syrup
- Slivered almonds
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- In another, smaller bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in about half the liquid mixture.
- Blend well, then add the remaining liquid and stir until fairly smooth; a few lumps can remain.
- Stir in the butter.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes - 1 hour
- Heat the pan until its medium-hot.
- Wipe the bottom of the pan with a bit of butter or oil (a paper towel works well).
- Pour a scant 1/3 cup batter into the bottom of the pan, pick it up, and tip it in a circular motion so the batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the bottom begins to brown and you can slide a spatula under it.
- It will hold together quite well, so you can flip it over easily.
- Cook briefly on the other side, and place on a warm plate.
- Cover until the remaining batter is cooked.
- Prepare filling by mixing together ricotta, orange juice, zest and your sweetener.
- Roll filling into crepes, and top with slivered almonds and more syrup or even chocolate sauce for dessert style crepes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes