I highly recommend this recipe. I love pecan pie, but find that the sugary sweetness can be over the top. This easy-to-make recipe provides just the right amount of sweet with the pecans, and the chocolate is a lovely, additional flavor. I had milk chocolate bars available, so just melted two and drizzled on top. We had a sea of Thanksgiving pies, and this was the first that we finished!
Honey-Pecan Tart with Bittersweet Chocolate Drizzle
Traditional pecan pie gets a delicious flavor update, with honey's sweet-tangy touch countered by bittersweet chocolate. If you'd like a more casual pie, you can make this in a 9-inch pie plate; you'll probably need to bake the filling an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 41.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- Baking spray with flour
- 3/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1. Place the oven rack at lowest setting. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Gently fit pie dough into a 9-inch round removable-bottom metal tart pan coated with baking spray. Gently press dough against bottom and sides of pan. Line bottom of dough with a piece of foil; arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove pie weights and foil; cool crust on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine corn syrup and next 6 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring until well combined. Gently fold in pecans. Pour pecan mixture over crust. Bake in lowest part of oven at 350° for 35 minutes or until set. Cool for 20 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove sides of tart pan; slide tart onto a serving platter.
- 4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over top of tart.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note