Try the mellow taste of sourwood honey to complement the richness of this favorite.
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) tart
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 (4-ounce) package bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Bring 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium-size heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cover and boil over medium-high heat, without stirring, 8 minutes or until golden, swirling pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and gradually stir in whipping cream (mixture will bubble with addition of cream).
- Add butter, honey, and salt, stirring until smooth. Stir in pecans, and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Unfold 1 piecrust on a lightly floured surface, and roll into an 11-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch removable bottom tart pan. Trim edges. Freeze crust 30 minutes.
- Spread pecan mixture into crust. Unfold remaining piecrust, and roll into a 10-inch circle. Place over mixture, pressing into bottom crust to seal; trim edges. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle chocolate over tart. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey-Pecan Tart Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts