Deliver these delicate cookies along with fresh strawberries (washed and ready to eat) and bright-colored napkins. Add a bottle of sparkling cider and clear plastic glasses for a truly festive welcome.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add honey, brown sugar, and vanilla, and beat until blended, stopping to scrape down sides. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 300° for 55 to 65 minutes or until golden (begin checking for doneness at 50 minutes just in case your oven runs hot). Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
- Note: This shortbread can also be baked in an ungreased 10-inch cast-iron skillet, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This