- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 8 cups chopped peeled peaches (about 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups blackberries
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- calories 283
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 1.8 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 4.3 g
- carbohydrate 56.5 g
- fiber 4.7 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 267 mg
- calcium 63 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
Combine 1/4 cup flour, peaches, honey, juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes. Fold in blackberries. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, granulated sugar, rind, and baking powder in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, and stir just until moist.
Drop dough onto peach mixture to form 12 mounds. Sprinkle mounds with turbinado sugar. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden.