- 4 cups toasted oat bran cereal
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
Stir together butter, brown sugar, and honey in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring to coat. Spread in a single layer on an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake at 325° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cranberries, and bake 5 more minutes. Spread immediately on wax paper; cool. Store snack mix in an airtight container.
NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Quaker Oat Bran for toasted oat bran cereal.