More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1 (18-oz.) container uncooked regular oats (about 6 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-oz.) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients and, if desired, coconut in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine butter and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour over oat mixture; stir until evenly coated. Divide mixture evenly between 2 lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pans.
- 3. Position 1 oven rack about 6 inches from top heating element in oven; place a second oven rack about 6 inches from bottom heating element. Place 1 pan on each rack.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 10 minutes and switching position of baking sheets after first 15 minutes. Spread granola on wax paper to cool completely. Add dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days, or freeze up to 6 months.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ocean Spray Craisins for sweetened dried cranberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch