These were super easy to make and they tasted great! It wasn't too strong of a taste, it was just enough. The tenderloin was very soft and the bell peppers turned sweet after cooking. I also added one slice of onion on each skewer instead of only bell pepper. I made a sandwich with the left overs the next morning to take with me as lunch. Yum!
Honey-Mustard Pork Skewers
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 369mg
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lb.), halved lengthwise, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cored, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Stir mustard, honey and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Add pork cubes and toss to coat. Set aside at room temperature. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high and line a broiling pan with foil. (Alternatively, light a charcoal fire and let it burn to gray ash.) Divide pork and peppers into 8 portions and skewer cubes, alternating with squares of pepper (begin and end with pepper; use about 6 pepper pieces and 5 pork chunks per skewer). Thread each skewer as close as possible to center of pieces, to facilitate turning. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Broil or grill 6 to 8 inches from heat source, turning often, until slightly browned and pork is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey-Mustard Pork Skewers Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This