My son is extremely picky. No cheese, no pasta, no pasta sauce. Made this tonight. I subsituted BBQ sauce for the honey-mustard dresssing on half of the breasts. He gobbled it down - even with a small sprinkling of cheese. Miracles never cease to exist. I will be making this again - yummy (I prefered the honey mustard - nice flavor change). But espeically liked I had dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. It's a keeper.
Honey Mustard-and-Bacon Smothered Chicken
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 372
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 44.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 578mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey-mustard dressing
- 8 fully cooked bacon slices
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 8 minutes on each side or until done. Reduce heat to medium-low; brush chicken with honey-mustard dressing. Top each chicken breast with 2 bacon slices, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Shopping Note: Fully cooked bacon slices eliminate the hassle of cooking and cleanup. Purchase several packages when they're on sale, and freeze them up to 3 months to have on hand.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Honey Mustard-and-Bacon Smothered Chicken * Steamed green beans * Apple wedges
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: salt, pepper, butter, vegetable oil * 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts * 1 small jar honey-mustard dressing * 8 fully cooked bacon slices (we tested with Ready Crisp) * 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend * 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans * 2 apples
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes