My son is extremely picky. No cheese, no pasta, no pasta sauce. Made this tonight. I subsituted BBQ sauce for the honey-mustard dresssing on half of the breasts. He gobbled it down - even with a small sprinkling of cheese. Miracles never cease to exist. I will be making this again - yummy (I prefered the honey mustard - nice flavor change). But espeically liked I had dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. It's a keeper.
Honey Mustard-and-Bacon Smothered Chicken
Our original recipe had twice as much butter, oil, and cheese, but we retested and realized less was plenty to get the job done.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 372
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 44.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 578mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey-mustard dressing
- 8 fully cooked bacon slices
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 8 minutes on each side or until done. Reduce heat to medium-low; brush chicken with honey-mustard dressing. Top each chicken breast with 2 bacon slices, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Shopping Note: Fully cooked bacon slices eliminate the hassle of cooking and cleanup. Purchase several packages when they're on sale, and freeze them up to 3 months to have on hand.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Honey Mustard-and-Bacon Smothered Chicken * Steamed green beans * Apple wedges
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: salt, pepper, butter, vegetable oil * 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts * 1 small jar honey-mustard dressing * 8 fully cooked bacon slices (we tested with Ready Crisp) * 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend * 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans * 2 apples
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes