Honey-Lime Strawberries with Whipped Cream
Photo: Ryan Liebe
More From Food & Wine
Total: 35 Minutes
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons honey, preferably acacia or another mild-flavored honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pints lemon sorbet
- Put the strawberries in a large heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the honey with the lime juice and bring to a boil. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon of lime zest and the cardamom. Pour the syrup over the strawberries, stirring to coat. Let stand, stirring once or twice, until the berries are juicy and slightly softened, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, whip the heavy cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of honey until soft peaks form. Scoop the lemon sorbet into glasses and top with the strawberries and their juices. Dollop the whipped cream on top and garnish with lime zest. Serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note