These were even better than the ones in the restaurants! I didn't have a lime so used lemon. I'd had a bag in my freezer for months not knowing how to fix them, I will have them often now! Thank goodness I had to find a side dish for my black bean cakes:-)
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes. Look for frozen plantains in the ethnic section of the frozen-food aisle of your supermarket. You can substitute sliced underripe bananas.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 77mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- 3 cups frozen sliced plantains
- 1/3 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels
- 2 tablespoons honey, lightly heated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place plantains in a large saucepan; add water to just cover. Bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until tender; drain and transfer to large bowl. Stir in pumpkinseed kernels, honey, and salt.
- 3. Spread mixture on baking pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, turning once. Drizzle with juice.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 26g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey-Lime Plantains Recipe at a Glance