- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-ounce) packages microwave-in-bag snow peas
- 1 (8.5-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Cut a 1/2-inch-deep slit in meaty end of each drumstick. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add drumsticks; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides. Add sauce; turn to coat. Place pan in oven. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Prepare snow peas according to package directions. Prepare rice according to package directions. Combine snow peas, rice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, rind, and salt in a bowl. Drizzle any remaining soy sauce mixture over drumsticks. Serve with snow pea mixture.