This was OK. It seemed like alot of work and mess for something that was just decent. I don't think I will make this again.
Honey-Lime Chicken with Coconut-Black Bean Rice
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 6 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can seasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Bring coconut milk and 1 tsp. salt to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt. Place crushed tortilla chips in a shallow bowl. Whisk together honey and next 2 ingredients in a second shallow bowl. Reserve 2 Tbsp. honey mixture. Dip chicken in remaining honey mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dredge in crushed chips.
- 3. Cook half of chicken in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and oil. Spoon reserved honey mixture over chicken.
- 4. Stir black beans and next 2 ingredients into rice; spoon onto serving plates. Top with chicken and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes