Honey-and-Lemon-Glazed Roast Chicken
Photo: Fredrika Stjärne
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 chickens
- 9 large rosemary sprigs
- 9 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 lemon, cut into 12 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice and soy sauce. Set the chickens on a large rimmed baking sheet and tuck the wing tips underneath. Season the cavities with salt and stuff each one with 3 rosemary sprigs, 3 quartered garlic cloves and 4 lemon wedges. Brush two-thirds of the honey glaze over the chickens and season lightly with salt. Roast in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°. Rotate the chickens in the pan and brush with the remaining glaze. Roast the chickens for about 45 minutes longer, until the juices run clear when the thighs are pierced; turn the pan halfway through roasting. Transfer the chickens to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve the chickens and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This