I will confess that the name of this made me think of an herbal cough drop. But trust me, it tastes nothing like one! It is the perfect complement to the spicy ginger cake. For those who dislike the sickening sweetness of most cream cheese icings, I'd recommend checking the taste after adding 1 cup of sugar. I settled on 1 1/3 cup of sugar - you get the wonderful tang of cream cheese with the brightness of the lemon without the common toothache. I've taken the main ingredients here (16 oz cream cheese, 1/2 c butter, 2 tsp of vanilla, and 1 1/3 c of sugar) and written them down in my recipe book as Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed until smooth. Add honey, beating just until blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts