Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 to 5 minutes or until creamy. Add hazelnuts and next 2 ingredients; beat just until blended. Drop by level teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool.
- Hazelnut Fig Sandwiches: Prepare as directed. Spoon 1/2 cup fig preserves on half of cookies (about 1 tsp. per cookie); top with remaining cookies. Makes about 2 dozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note