Liked this as a nice weeknight meal and on the effort/taste scale found it above average. Great meal for the fall when you have fresh cider you want to use.
Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Carrots
More From Health
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 367mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 3/4 pound baby carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons apple juice or apple cider
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or regular salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives (optional)
- 1. Place the carrots and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring them to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to simmer. Stir, cover, and let carrots simmer another 10-12 minutes or until they are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside. When carrots are done, remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- 3. Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 equal slices, and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in an extra-large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned on the bottom side. Using tongs, flip the pork and cook another 3-4 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- 4. Add carrots to pan with pork. Stir glaze again, and add it to the pan. Bring mixture to a simmer, and cook until pork is done, about 1-2 minutes. Stir to coat pork and carrots with glaze. Divide pork and carrots among 4 plates. Pour any remaining glaze over pork, and garnish with chives, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note