Honey-Glazed Pork Roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 to 3 teaspoons smoked paprika or paprika
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 3- to 5-lb. bone-in pork roast, ribs removed and tied back on
- Fresh oregano sprigs
- 3 small red and/or yellow sweet peppers, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1 small green pepper, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Fresh oregano and/or thyme sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl combine paprika and coarse salt.
- 2. Place pork in a shallow roasting pan, bone side down. Rub paprika mixture all over pork, pressing in lightly. Tuck sprigs of fresh oregano under the kitchen string tying the roast to the bone. Roast, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes per pound (1 hour 10 minutes to 2 hours).
- 3. Meanwhile, place sweet pepper pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle peppers with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread peppers evenly on baking sheet. Place in oven with pork the last 40 to 45 minutes of roasting until peppers are tender and begin to brown. When roast reaches 155 degrees F internal temperature, remove to a cutting board and cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. While roast stands, in a small saucepan combine honey and lime juice. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Remove string from roast. Using tongs, turn roast on its side and pull bone away. Turn roast top-side up and slice. Serve with peppers, honey glaze, and fresh herbs. Makes 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey-Glazed Pork Roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes